Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Back in Canada

Hey everyone!

I've been back in Canada for a while now and have had time to reflect on my experience in Ghana. Overall, my time in Ghana was great. Period. Most of my health problems were likely my own fault (not sleeping enough, trying to push myself too hard, not exercising enough...).

I sure do miss my friends and host family in Ghana a lot and I'm hoping to go back in a year or so. The kindness and warmth that they shared with me is truly incredible and not something you find as quickly in Canada. The people of Ghana sure are incredible.

Disclaimer in the interest of not building unrealistic expectations for future travelers: Ghana is not a nation made up entirely of glowing uber friendly and welcoming people; I met my fair share of jerks, snobs, and scammers there. But on average, there are many many many pockets of incredible people in Ghana that will blow your expectations out of the water and make you feel like a part of the family.

Make sure to check out the incredible 1.5 minute video at the end of this post to see what I was working on in Ghana! Try and see if you can spot my best friend Takora and his daughter!

You can help support Engineers Without Borders' most excellent work in Africa by contributing to my fundraising campaign. I'm just a few dollars short of reaching my goal and all donations are doubled until the end of the week! Click here to donate - I have put my money where my mouth is and donate $300+ a year to EWB.


All the best!

Adam :)
p.s. you can find most of my videos from Ghana on this blog or at my youtube channel www.youtube.com/ehdam

No comments: