Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Predeparture Day 1

The count is on! In 7 days I will be boarding a plane from Toronto to Rome and then off to Ghana! In the mean time, I will be going thru pre-departure training with 14 other Junior Fellows (people going overseas).

I haven't yet put up all my project information, but here's a small teaser. I will be working in the Sawla-Tuna-Kalba district in the Northern Region and working on Agriculture As a Business - increasing farmers' business skills and attitudes to increase profits and provide sustainably for their families. Yes, I have many questions/concerns about the project (as a business approach doesn't always = good), but I expect to iron a lot of these out in the next two weeks.


View Larger Map

I also wanted to test out a video of pre-departure training and see what you think. It would be way cooler in Ghana than Toronto, but let me know what you think anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T9i8vItRo0


Always feel free to send me feedback! "I'd like to see this, talk about that..." or even random emails. I'll do my best, but it may take a while for me to respond.

Rock rock on team!

Adam :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice video Ad, I'm impressed you posted it at 4a.m. as well! Have fun getting prepared in Toronto!
Christa

Anonymous said...

Pretty neat..we miss you already, but we're looking forward to the videos from Ghana. Good luck with the next part of your trip.

Kim, Ty, Emiy and Jeremy

Krista said...

Great video...sparkling sound. I look forward to the added feature of mapping soon ;)

apoorvaTRON said...

hey adam!
sweet blog, am looking forward to seeing your updates all summer :)
did you know that jeff beyer was in sawla as well?? i'm so excited for you!

apoorva

Adam F-K said...

Cool! Thanks for the feedback! Don't worry... soon there will be much more interesting stuff to see!

Adam :)

Kelsey H. said...

Yay! I <3 videos.